Saturday, August 4, 2007

Hate me now or Hate me Later

Its 2 minutes past midnight. Im listening to afro cuban music and drinking red wine. In Italy. Having just finished an amazing meal of Veal and some sort of leafy green and pork sausage cooked for me by an Italian civial Engineer. I spent my day at The Vatican. After I did a tour of the museum one of the guards quizzed me and after I did well he snuck me up the Dome of the Basillica, I got up there for free and passed about 45 minutes worth of line. Then I met the Italian opera singer that had taken me around Rome on his scooter the day before (I also got a free ticket to see him in Turnadot set amidst Ancient Roman Ruins, with a cast and crew of about 140. Bard on the Beach eat your heart out). Today he took me to the main opera theatre of Rome, where he works, and snuck me into the building so I got to see the theatre and backstage and the stage. I accidently deleted all of my pictures from Paris and Barcelona today, in the Vatican. But I didnt care. I had just gone into a small chapel in the Bascilla and prayed, and for the first time that I remember managed to have my mind completely blank and managed to meditate and just be and not care about anything but where I was. It was amazing. Tonight I am going to a house party with a bunch of opera singers and tomorrow I will probably see a midsummer night's dream in Italian.

My life is a crazy and wonderful dream that I cant believe is real and I cant believe that is mine. I am so blessed and so lucky, and the crazy thing is my life is just starting, Im still a baby and this is all just starting.

Love love love love love to you all.

Dani

No comments: