How to get into a sold out show in Prague when you don't have reservations -
By Dani Fecko, as demonstrated by Charli from Australia and Dani, last night
1.) Call ahead to see if show is sold out, or just get tipped off, so that you know for sure going into the box office.
2.)Show up to the box office 3 to 4 hours before curtain.
3.) Walk up to box office attendant and ask for two tickets under your name
4.)Act very shocked and confused when they say they cant find them
5.)Give them another name to check under, claiming that your friend/instructor booked them for you(in this case, the head of the National Design School in Australia)
6.)All the while make sure one of you is doing most of the talking while the other one pitches to to stress the emtions like shock in awe, because you dont want your stories to cross
7.)When they don't find the tickets or names, act extremely shocked and slightly upset, claiming that you travelled really far to see this show and you don't understand why the reservations aren't there.
8.)Stress that you know it isnt the individual's fault, you were just really looking forward to the show
9.)Ask if there is ANYTHING they can do
10.)Act surprised and grateful when they say they can put your name on a list, in case people with reservations dont show up, and, failing that, they will put you on the floor on a pillow or in standing room.
11.)Thank them profusely, and confirm what time you should show up for your chance many times.
12.)Show up at said time(in this case 10 minutes to curtain). If you want, take a friend and get them to ask for their "reserved tickets" and be shocked that theirs got lost too.
13.) Wait about another 5 minutes, get called up, and then have your tickets sold to you.
14.)Enjoy FABULOUS Czech theatre.
How to see a sold out show in Prague when you DO have reservations.
1.)Show up more than 5 minutes before curtain so that your tickets dont get sold to cheeky austalian and canadian theatre students. Its only fair.
And thus concludes the lesson I learned last night.
O, and theatre here is wonderful - I am loving watching shows in other languages.
I also went to see a Dali and Mucha exhibit in Prague, which was fabulous. Chari(the australian girl) and I ended up finding each other at the PQ and spending a wonderful day together. The exhibit was fabulous, and we were lucky with timing, because one of the most intense rain storms I have ever seen started while we were inside. I started another workshop this morning, which was fun, and which let me play. We were given alot of materials and alot of creative freedom to create whatever we wanted, and it was nice.
Jackson and Naomi and I just went for chinese food. My body has missed Tofu in a big way.
This morning an old czech man started talking to me, until I told him I was english, and then we sort of tried to communicate for a while, as we rode the metro. It was a very interesting experience.
Love love love love love to you all
Dani
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment