Sunday, June 17, 2007

I woke up today.

I think I've finally adjusted to Prague time. Some time this afternoon, a switch flipped and I realized I was having fun. So here, in point form, are some of the events of my day thus far...

- I was served champagne by a man in a white tux at the Brazil exhibit's opening, and was given two free books.
- Met a stage manager from Uganda
- Saw a performance of a duet for man and bulldozer.
- Read a great quote, "A great booing is a thousand times stronger and nobler than an ovation. Admirers corrupt you."
- Saw an incredible monkey puppet in the Czech exhibit, controlled by three puppeteers with strings and pulleys.
- Saw a student performance from Bulgaria that was incredible (too hard to describe in point form).
- Heard a lecture by an Israeli scenographer (Ronnie something) that was so inspiring.
- Went 'bird watching', which is a runway of sod out front of the building with a woman in a bird costume strutting, and a square of sod 20' away with a lawnchair and binoculars.

Now I'm thinking about fried cheese and beer. And the heartburn it will likely bring.

It feels great to have woken up, and there's so much to soak in!

Naomi

ps... To explain the title of my last posting, it only took us 30 min to walk back.

1 comment:

michael said...

Ok ok ok that's all great, but do they have monkey BUTLER puppets? Ah? Then we'd be talking. I'm seriously jealous, sounds like paradise. Enjoy!