Monday, June 18, 2007

Woke up to a phone call from Vancouver, and then went shopping with Jackson and Milada for breakfasty foods. We want to bring Milada, our host, home with us. As a present to all of you. Trust me, youd thank us. Jackson and I then went to DAMU which is one of the biggest theatre schools in prague to see their grad show which was INCREDIBLE. While there we happened across an amazing band consisting of an accordian, cello, violin and a stand up bass. The stand up bass player was wearing a cast but somehow was managing to play some of the happiest most, o my god is this happening music ever. I ran into the Ugandan stage manager again, who is a lovely man, and Jackson and I made friends with some Americans, who we might end up going out with tonight. Actually, we might end up going out with about 30 of them. It was great to have a conversation about politics with them, and see what the young people of the us really think.
I have discovered that theatre schools all over the world are the same - full of random bits in hallways, offices that are more like homes, old couches everywhere and creativity that you can almost breathe in.
O Jackson and I then went to charles bridge and I found a czech english dictionary at a second hand english bookstore. Yesterday was also a fabulous day, much of the same morning as Naomi, and then finishing off my workshop and going out with Julek and Maureen in the evening. The might take me to their place in the country when the PQ is over.

I am part of a family that transcends all boundaries. The theatrical family is so world wide, so vast and beautiful and yet so much the same. There are techs everywhere, there are designers everywhere, there are theatre schools in basements and theatre students that work harder than anyone on campass anywhere and there is love of art and thought and beauty and ugliness and creation everywhere. In the end, there is passion everywhere and all over the world there is a family of people brave enough to dive in and follow it.
I am so blessed to be a part of it.

Ha, well that was preachy, but thats what a meal of potato dumplings in cheese sauce, fried cheese, green beans fried in bacon and garlic and potato dumplings will do to you.

Yesterday I watched a man dance with a bulldozer in the middle of Prague.

Life is beautiful.

Love love love love love to you all.

Dani

No comments: