My head should not hurt this much.
Thanks to the Australian Government I enjoyed a night of drinking on the town in Prague last night. We(myself, and my two, very good australian friends) found a bar and then a night club and downed many a beer, and some traditional czech shots. The Australians are being pretty much completely funded by their government and since it was a night of "research" for my friend heather(whom we all call charli) the government picked up the bill. Funnily enough, the decor in the club inspired Charli's Don Giovanni design, and she nailed down her concept on the tram today.
It was a fabulous night, and as a lover of bad 80s and early 90s pop I am in heaven here, because you hear it on every street corner.
The absinthe liquer is what did us in. It wasnt the real stuff, but it still tastes like burning. And makes your head hurt the next morning.
We had decided it was time to leave when we looked out the window and realised the sun was up. Charli has an extra bed in her hotel room so I crashed with her, and then got a fabulous breakfast care of the ibis hotel this morning.
This is what happens when two girls, one of which has czech blood and the other of which has hungarian gypsy blood, go out together in Prague. Alot of scamming for free stuff.
The two of us went to the Kampa Museum and art gallery, which is the gallery of modern art in Prague and which is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. Although the headaches made it more painful than it should have been. We then wandered up to the PQ, with ice creams in hand, which helped the heads, and I just heard a lecture about the history of costumes in the czech republic, which julek was translating
It is wonderful to find people that you can comfortably walk in silence with, and who think so much like you. Charli and I are soul sisters, I seem to have a few of those around the world, and its amazing how they find me and I find them.
I am an extremely lucky little gal.
The comment about americans in the last post, as Im sure you all realise, was born out of frustration. They really arent that bad :P.
There are vans outside the pq that run on canola oil and that are retracing the steps of st.cyril, stopping in various cities and talking to the locals to research language and do performance pieces born out of what they learn.
Have I mentioned that I adore prague?
Love love love love love to you all
Dani
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey gang!
thanks for the postings. the whole thing sounds incredible.
the lovely margaret and i have just booked tickets for a europian vacation. our two ports of call will be amsterdam and london, for a combined holiday of 3 weeks! i'm in heaven!
Tempus Theatre will soon be announcing our next production... it will open May 3 2008.
Things are moving along... in a nice way. sometimes a bit rushed, but never too crazy. can't wait to see photos from you guys.
cheers and don't behave.
anthony
Post a Comment