I find that when I am in cars and lost in thought I come up with wonderfully poetic Blog entries, and when I sit down to write them - its all gone and comes out in random Dani mush!
Its been a big few days - on Tuesday I went to the Prague Castle with Peter and Adam and we spent the day there. Its great having them around - like two personal tour guides. The castle is stunning, we spent a long time wandering the gardens and the like. The churches here are amazing. But Im sure you all knew that. I went to a toy museum there as well(of course). Reaffirmed that children are the same everywhere. The are all full of life and love to laugh and full of wonder. Reaffirmed my love of doing children's theatre. Made me miss work even more. We also went to an old fortress in prague and then watched people practicing sword play.
There was a cemetary there and we saw the grave of Capek and Dvorak. Eerily, as we walked past Dvoraks the music from the castle began drifting into our ears - it seemed rather appropriate.
O, the day before that my aunt had taken me shopping and we spent the day together. We are getting along well - alot of pointing and laughing, and when it started raining we starting singing to each other. It was lovely.
Ah - I know so many beautiful things have happened to me!
The next day We went to another part of the castle, and to that cubist exhibit. Watched, well sort of watched the changing of the guard, through the heads of the throngs of tourists. There was also this crazy architectual tunel that we happened upon(I know, I know, all tunnels are architectual, but this was some special one...again, my tourguide friends know these things) We camped out at Adam's when the CRAZY rain started again and then went to get my train ticket. I dont know how Dani Fecko alone in international train stations is going to go. There is a large gong show potential. But then, Dani Fecko travelling in general lends itself to a large gong show potential.
Sidenote - to all of you who claimed you lose alot of weight when you are travelling, you obviously werent in Prague. and if you were, you obviously werent eating. And if you were eating, Id like to know where/it wasnt with family. With the language barrier with my aunt, she just feeds me. Thats all. Its insane.
I miss lettuce.
After the train station adventure we went to the opera, the same one I had seen before. I love what I do and need to do it here eventually. Guess who is learning how to read music when she gets home - this little girl sure is!
Yesterday we rented a fun little french car, a peugeot(I think thats how you spell it) and went to The International Film Festival at Karlovy Vary. We bought day passes, but all the tickets were sold out, which basically means you stand in a throng of people and hope that other people dont show up. We randomly chose one called Lonely Miles in the biggest theatre there(a theatre theatre, Id reckon about 1500 to 1700 seats) and joined the throng.
GETTING INTO AN INTERNATIONAL FILM PREMIERE 101
1.) rent car and drive to film festival
2.)pull off the most amazing paralell parking job EVER(literally inches surrounding us)
3.)by day passes
4.)eat
5.)join throng, but stay on outside of throng
6.)have random person ask if you want to take 2 free tickets
7.)take them without thinking
8.)as the honest canadian hesitate about trying to get three people in on two tickets
9.)have czech friend tell you to act more czech, aka, just suck it up and try
10.)cluster together very closely, and fold tickets together, so it is unclear how many are there. Wait for surge in crowd.
11.)walk with surge in crowd
12.)Be successful.
13.)Get AMAZING 10th row centre seats. Some reshuffling may need to occur. Just go with the flow.
14.)All have seats.
15.)When introduction to film starts, realise that this is in fact the international premiere and two of the directors are sitting about 2 rows behind you.
16.)enjoy film
We also saw a fabulous french film about the gold mines in senegal, and then stayed for the question and answer period with the director afterwards. That was erally beneficial, it was a film that I sunk into eventually, but hearing the director talk about it made it that much better and beautiful.
O yes, on the way there, I bought a very yellow dress. It makes me happy.
This morning Peter and I drove to some random castle outside of prague before we returned the car. On the bus ride back into prague we met an american girl who had just landed and we meeting a friend in a few hours. I took her into town and we wandered through the streets of prague and then ate lunch together. She is an artist and art teacher from the us who has lived in bulgaria. Right now she is working with kids that went through an orphanage there and helping them discover the photographers in them. We had a fabulous chat.
Tomorrow might be the zoo, who knows, and then Sunday morning is off to Frankfurt for the next leg of my adventure. I am sad to leave prague, but know I will be back before the summer is over, and know that Darren and I will have a huge adventure.
Love love love to you all.
Dani
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment