After I finished my blogging yesterday I wandered through the city some more, and ended up at a restaurant called Slavia where I stopped to have a cup of Green Tea. Slavia is a restaurant that is right across from the National Theatre and is somewhere that my grandparents used to go together. I sat an wrote and watched the world go by for a while. Then more wandering - on Charles Bridge where I heard a fabulous celtic group and some great Czech jazz, through the old town and to a puppet makers shop where I stopped for a while. This is a place that Jason showed me and that I feel in love with. This man makes marionettes that dance with each other, play basketball, and best of all, paint beautiful pictures.
One of the shop owners old friends was there, and he was an old business man that regaled me with stories of selling 60 million yards of textiles to a company in Montreal, and so on. I bought a set of ceramic drama masks there, which are gorgeous.
As I left another man with dreadlocks was walking in.
The old man looked at me and said - you should come back whenever you want, you are at home here. I was almost in tears. It was so beautiful there.
I had my dinner of 2 tomatoes and a bun and then went to a show by an American Company at one of the theatres at DAMU.
I need to go to DAMU. I simply must.
As I watched the show I noticed the man with dreadlocks sitting in front of me. After the show we recognized each other and introduced ourselves. He is an American writer who has been living here for 8 years. Some of his friends were there and they invited me out with them, so I ended up sitting and drinking Beton(which means cement - its Bechorovka(a herb liquor) and tonic), which is my new gin and tonic with 6 new friends. 2 were artists, one from arizona and one from new york, one was a music therapist from arizona, the other two were writers, also from arizona. The one writer used to be a peditrician, but left the profession to write. He and I ended up chatting quite a bit. So, there I was talking about art and running in Vancouver and having Poetry read to me and then discussing it at some wine bar with a glass floor and broekn table in Prague. Serendipity and the city.
They invited me out to a party tonight which sounded like it may be similar to a kidsfest closing night party, but I think tonight is hanging out at home and packing night.
I dont know if this blog did the openness and joy of yesterday any justice. It was one of the best days I think Ive had in Prague and was the lightest Ive felt in a while - I felt very much myself again.
Tomorrow off to frankfurt for the next chapter of this adventure to start. I am very excited, but will miss Prague and will definietely be coming back here soon.
Love love love love love to you all.
Dani
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment